EMS Data Generator for DB2 is an impressive tool for generating test data to DB2 database tables with the possibility to save and edit scripts. The utility can help you to simulate the database production environment and allows you to populate several DB2 database tables with test data simultaneously, define tables and fields for generating data, set value ranges, generate DB2 char fields by mask, define lists of values manually or select them from SQL queries, set generation parameters for each field type and has many other features to generate DB2 test data in a simple and direct way. Data Generator for DB2 also provides a console application, which allows you to generate DB2 test data in one-touch by using generation templates.
* Unicode support
* User-friendly wizard interface
* Ability to save and edit generated data in the SQL script without executing queries on the server
* Generating data to several tables from different databases on one host
* Support of basic DB2 data types including user-defined data types based on simple types
* Different generation types for each field including list, random and incremental generation, generation into two and more fields simultaneously
* Ability to use SQL query results as a list of values for data generation
* Ability to preview the generated data
* Automatic control over referential integrity for linked tables
* Wide variety of generation parameters for each field type
* Ability to set NULL values for certain percent of cases
* Ability to save all generation parameters set on current wizard session into a configuration file
* Command-line utility to generate data using the template file
Keywords: db2 data generation, db2 data generator tool, generate db2 test data, fill db2 with test data, populate db2 database with test data, generate db2 blob data, db2 test data generation tool, create db2 test database data, udb test data generation,
Recent Changes: Unicode support is implemented.
Added new options for data generation to SQL script.
Added options for generating the same data into several columns.
Added options for generating string data according to the sample text.
Data preview is implemented.
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
Additional Requirements: Pentium 300; 32 MB RAM; Connection to local or remote DB2 server; IBM DB2 client software installed
PAD file URL: http://www.sqlmanager.net/pad/db2datagen_pad.xml