PCL Reader 32-bit views & converts PCL & Text into PDF, PDF/A, XPS, TIFF, BMP, PNG, JPG, PCX and ASCII Text. Once viewed, a PCL or Text file can be printed to any Windows printer driver. This is useful when you have a non-LaserJet PCL printer and need to print an invoice, loan, or other type of PCL document from legacy applications that require PCL4/5/5e LaserJet printers.
The ASCII text can also be extracted from the PCL file for data migration and archiving purposes.
* Now available in 32-bit or 64-bit and is compatible with all Windows 7 environments.
* Our double-byte FastFonts were converted into double-byte TrueType fonts to support multiple symbol sets.
* Added .JPG/.JPEG/.JPE support to View Image & Overlay Data file functions.
* Added 128-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) for securing HIPAA medical data.
* Added the ability to import Raw EMF files for viewing.
* Print PCL files to any Windows printer driver (DeskJets, GDI, PostScript or PCL XL only printers)
* Convert PCL or Text into PDF, PDF/A, TIFF, PNG and other formats.
* Saves paper by previewing PCL print files before you print them.
* Split PCL files.
PCL Reader is a limited, subset of PageTech's PCLWorks Program ($79 or $139) to showcase what the commercial products can do. PCLWorks can convert PCL into very small JBIG2 compressed raster or vector/text PDF and PDF/A files. As well as, PCL to TIFF, PNG, XPS, BMP, JPG, PCX, DCX, WMF and EMF formats.
The majority of PageTech's business is derived from licensing its various PCLTool SDK ($425 - $995) options. PCLTool SDK Options include writing your own programs, using our API, or, for rapid application development, PCLXForm program with its own custom scripting language. v11 of the SDK now includes Windows .Net, 64-bit, and 64-bit .Net versions of its major PCL conversion programs.
Keywords: PCL, PCL Viewer, view pcl, PCL to PDF, PCL2PDF, text to PDF, pcl-pdf, pcl pdf, convert pcl, pcl conversion, PCL to TIFF, PCL to XPS, PCL to BMP, PCL to PDF/A, extract text, PXL, pcl3gui, jetready, view pcl, pcl data, pcl text,
Recent Changes: PCL Reader v11.1 is the latest release from PageTech and is now available in 32-bit or 64-bit versions and is compatible with all Windows 7 environments. For a complete list of enhancements please refer to the latest release note installed with the product.
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: Any 32-bit or 64-bit Windows platform Win2000 and above.
PAD file URL: http://www.pclreader.com/docs/pclreader.xml